Many African countries receive on average a very large number of days per year with bright sunlight, especially the dry areas. Most of the sunniest places in the world are on the African continent, due to the general low cloud cover in the sky. This gives solar power the potential to bring energy to virtually any location in Africa without the need for expensive large scale grid level infrastructural developments.
The African continent has on average more than 3,000 sunny hours on year-based average.
Declining solar equipment costs are expected to significantly increase solar installations in Africa with an industry projection forecasting that the continent’s annual PV market will expand to 2.2 GW by 2018.
South Africa alone has now connected more than half a gigawatt of utility-scale solar power, moving into the world top 10 of countries harnessing renewable energy from the sun.
Governments, businesses and utilities are sourcing and implementing sustainable green energy technologies as a form of renewable on or off-grid energy.
With this in mind, solar energy has become very attractive to several African countries. The 2017 Africa Solar Expo will attract some of the largest solar service providers and manufacturers to demonstrate to commercial and cross-border trading practices their solutions and technologies.
Be a part of creating a sustainable solar energy industry in Africa!
The Africa Solar Expo will showcase PV solutions, technologies and components offering a one-stop sourcing platform for manufacturers, project-based and trade-based visitors.
- Manufacturers of cell and module encapsulation, crystal growth equipments, diffusion furnaces, laminators, mounting systems, concentrators, trackers and collectors
- Wire saws and consumables
- Silicon feedstock, ingot and wafer manufacturing
- Inverters, charge controllers, batteries and module connectors
- Photovoltaic (PV) modules, hybrid systems, materials and equipments
- Screen-printing and metallization equipments
- Solar cells manufacturers
- Solar drying and desalination systems
- Solar water heating/cooling systems and solar pumps
- Testing, monitoring systems, project consultants, suppliers of building integrated
- photovoltaic (BIPV) and solar thermal engineering
- Suppliers of raw materials
- System integrators, assemblers and distributors
- Software solutions and providers of irradiation data
- Turnkey solution providers
- Solar farm developers and owners
- Annual maintenance contractors
- Emission monitoring systems
- Electrical test and measuring systems
- Solar street and billboard lighting systems
The Africa Solar Expo will provide exhibitors with an opportunity to access the large African market and to meet buyers using the sophisticated and complimentary Business Matchmaking Programme for all participants.
- Manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers of solar energy products and services
- Commercial and industrial building engineers and building managers
- Construction company representatives
- Property developers
- Government and municipal managers
- Shopping centre managers and retailers
- Industry associations
- Architects, engineers and design engineers